ETZMSG- Defensive Aids & Weapons Engineer (m/f)
Airbus Helicopters Donauwörth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Airbus Helicopters in Donauwoerth is looking for a Defensive Aids & Weapons Engineer (m/f) (m/f)within the area “ENGINEERING/ AVIONIC SYSTEMS/ MISSION SYSTEMS/SURVIVABILITY & COMBAT” for the department “ETZMSG- SURVIVABILITY & COMBAT GERMANY”.
Tasks & accountabilities
Contribute technology development. Contribute to concept studies and overall avionics system design. Analyze system requirements, regulations and standards. Define the sub-system's logical and physical architecture and ensure its consistency through design, integration and validation phases. Partition sub-system into equipments, allocating requirements and setting performance levels. Elaborate a design solution and evaluate alternative design solutions.
Identify interfaces and interactions between sub-system equipments. Write subsystem/equipment specifications. Build up validation plan and associated engineering activities - in order to provide technical compliances Write test plans and test requirements. Manage subsystem suppliers. Perform subsystem/equipment testing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Production of subsystem architecture including specifications for the Electronic Warfare/Weapon Systems for H/C
- Breakdown of customer requirements into functional requirements and system requirements
- Supplier management (requirement specifications to FAI and equipment qualification inc. DDP => complete technical supplier
- support for Procurement, Quality Assurance, ILS, etc.
- interface management, technical documentation control
- Production of detailed scheduling for your own department; production/harmonisation of registration documents
- Technical support and monitoring of this development throughout the V-model; technical interface with customers (project
support during PDR, CDR, TRR, QR)
- Analysis and identification of Weapon Systems avionic subsystem problems; monitoring and co-ordination of development
advances and problem solving
- Definition of test requirements for RIG (integration and qualification) and H/C (integration and qualification)
- Work Package Management (follow-up of activities in a frame of a work Package, establishment/maintain of plannings,
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- University degree in Engineering (aerospace, mechanical or others) or comparable
- Proven experience in Engineering
- Good knowledge in Project management
- Knowledge in Electronic Warfare & Weapon Systems mandatory
- Knowledge in bus-protocol ( Milbus 1553 B, Arinc 429, etc) required
- Knowledge in supplier management/interface required
- Experience in international business required
- Experience in operational flight would be interesting
- Selfconfident and customer oriented
- Be aware of problems, make them visible and elaborate solutions
- Rigor and follow standards
- English and German fluent
- Airbus Helicopters
- approx. 5,700
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply online via the Airbus Group eRecruiting Tool (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) and attach your CV in German or English.
In case you may have any further questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.