Product Manager - Massive Intelligence (m/f)
Airbus Defence & Space Friedrichshafen (ex Cassidian)
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Product Manager - Massive Intelligence (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Friedrichshafen. The successful applicant will join “TCIDP - Products Management”.
Tasks & accountabilities
The business cluster INTELLIGENCE is working on its next generation ISR (Intelligence surveillance recognition) solution, called Massive Intelligence, in line with the strategy update (Multi-Int decision making). The portfolio team is therefore looking for a product manager who will take the responsibility to coordinate the day to day activities over the next years to build such solution.
Massive Intelligence consist of a complete solution, working over a digital Platform (cloud architecture), covering all domains of intelligence (IMINT, ELINT, COMINT, OSINT, CYBERINT, HUMINT, GEOINT), providing smart data analytics to ensure maximum automatization of processing, fusion, and correlation of multi-sources information.
The product manager will:
- work closely with marketing, sales, programs and operational advisers to define the scope and capacity of the future solution,
- setup the business plan defining the solution and its roadmap (technical and commercial),
- identify with the relevant stakeholders the key technologies needed,
- work on potential partnership,
- manage the R&D budget assigned to this development,
- coordinate and control the development with all stakeholders (mostly engineering),
- support the bids & sales team for business development and bids
- ensure the alignment with other activities (tenders, programs, current portfolio development)
He/She will have the overall responsibility of the delivery of the solution on time, on cost, on quality and performance, in line with the approved business plan and roadmap.
The role will involve frequent travel for business.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Degree in electrical engineering, software engineering or similar
- Experience in cloud computing, big data, analytics
- Understanding of new digital trends and ecosystem, evolution towards digital services
- Excellent interpersonal skills, international teamwork
- Stakeholders management (interact, influence, control)
- Project management
- Product roadmap & Life Cycle management
- Cooperation Strategy & Partner Management
- Experience (>5 years) in team management / transversal management is critical for this position
- Knowledge of the Military intelligence world is essential
- Willingness to travel is required
- English will be working language: all documents / discussions / conference calls / negotiations will be in English.
- Additional languages (German, French, Spanish) are a plus
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 2,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.