Cyber Security - Second Line SOC Analyst
Airbus Defence & Space Newport
As the European specialist in cyber security, the mission of Airbus’ CyberSecurity business is to protect governments, companies and critical infrastructures from cyber threats. Its trusted, high performance security products and services are able to detect, analyse and counter the most advanced cyber attacks.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Second Line SOC Analyst (m/w) has arisen within Airbus CyberSecurity in Newport, South Wales.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Complete analysis/correlation of ’Events of Interest’ to identify incidents
- Ensuring that all events, events of interest, exceptions & incidents are responded to in accordance with established SOC (Secure Operations Centre) work instructions, including remedial action/recommendations
- Complete post incident reporting
- Provide basic log analysis to support SOC services (threat hunting)
- Responsible for SOC work instructions, ensuring they are reviewed and amended
- Maintain currency in security concepts, tools and best practices
- Produce reports (as per templates) and vulnerability/trending analysis as requested by SOC managers or key stakeholders
- Present and review reports to internal and external key stakeholders
- Complete tooling configuration changes including but not limited to filters/tuning/dashboards as authorised
- Carry out minor tool maintenance as directed by SOC lead engineer
The successful applicant should be able to work shifts.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Educated to a degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering, IT or a related discipline
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of TCP/IP and ITIL (or equivalent)
- You hold one of the following certifications or would be capable of holding one:
- CompTIA Security; CompTIA Network; SANS SEC401: Security Essentials; SANS SEC503: Intrusion Detection in-depth; SANS SEC504: Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits and Incident Handling (or equivalent)
- Experience with Wireshark Packet Analysis
- Ability to present and write professional reports to key stakeholders
- Good time management skills and ability to work well in a team
- Fluent English
One or several of the following certifications would be a plus:
- SANS SEC401: Security Essentials
- Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA
- FIAHMG - Fundamentals of Information Assurance in HMG (leading to CCP)
- CREST (Registered Intrusion Analyst) (CRIA)
- SANS SEC501: Advanced Security Essentials
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.
- United Kingdom
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Other Business
- approx. 900
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply online for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.