Personal Asisstant to Head of UK Projects ENS
Airbus Defence & Space Stevenage (ex Astrium SV)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We are currently looking to recruit on a six month fixed term contract an experienced Personal Assistant / Administrator to join our team at Airbus Defence and Space, Stevenage. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to take on a challenging and varied role within our team.
You will report into the Earth Observation Navigation System (ENS) Administration Supervisor and your focus will be on providing high quality and professional administration support to the Head of UK Projects ENS, senior managers and engineers across the department. In addition to extensive inbox and diary management, coordinating internal and external meeting and events, managing complex travel arrangements as well as organising and preparing material for key meetings and communications, you will become an expert user across key business systems and tools and provide a professional point of contact for the department.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Focused PA support to the Head of UK Projects ENS, as well as providing administrative support to the wider ENS team.
- Organising internal/external meetings including videoconference and teleconference meetings.
- Attendance and support at key team/department/project meeting; supporting preparation of meeting agendas and other relevant documentation and managing and tracking actions.
- A high degree of proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint to enable compilation and or edit of complex documents Excellent communication skills with managers at all levels, both within the company, with customers and with
- Extensive diary management and managing complex travel arrangements.
- Completing and managing expenses for processing and payment using SAP.
- Work closely with the PA to the Head of ENS UK to ensure an efficient day-to day running of the department.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- A good standard of secondary education.
- Demonstrated experience in a PA / secretarial role working for a senior manager / executive. Previous experience of working with an engineering team in an integrated European organisation would be beneficial since there will be a high level of contact with visiting customers, engineers and managers from overseas.
- Results orientated with the ability to juggle, prioritise and manage several diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential along with the confidence to interact with senior key stake holders internal and external.
- A thorough knowledge of the main Microsoft Office tools are essential, particularly Excel and PowerPoint. The latter should be at least to intermediate level.
- English language at negotiation level is essential and, given the international content, basic spoken French/German would be an asset.
- United Kingdom
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx.. 1,200
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached. By submitting your CV or application, you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.