Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An opportunity for a Developer has arisen to join the team in Broughton.
Airbus is a Transnational Organisation mirroring the Industrial landscape. IT is currently undergoing a major Digital Transformation programme refocussing on IT Product and Technology Service teams with an E2E accountability and full responsibility for the value proposition.
The Wing Manufacturing Plant at Broughton employs some 7,000 people. The current IT team based in Broughton currently has a vacancy within the Smart Factory & IOT Product team for a SAPMIii/SAPME Developer. Today the team support systems for Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance and Shop Floor Operations – providing software which drive manufacturing machines to carry out tasks such as drilling, tacking, riveting, via interface programs between the IT system and the machine programmable logic controller. They are also developing software to take detailed manufacturing machine level data into the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solution providing information on process, shift performance and maintenance.
Tasks & accountabilities
- Participating in all Product development lifecycle phases, including the analysis, design, test and integration of IT Products.
- Developing design specifications and parameters that are in compliance with products’ architectural blueprints. Managing the adoption of tooling and industry best practices amongst the development teams.
- Research, evaluation and development of new tools to improve IT Product development efficiency.
- Assemble and edit source code repositories to develop a software stacks for the IT Product needs
- Deploy highly available, scalable, maintainable, monitored systems and services.
- Respects the standards and structure of the given APIs.
- Project management / client work, e.g. gathering requirements, creating technical specifications and architecture documents, creating good documentation’ to creating and maintaining documentation to a high level of quality , managing a project timeline (skills & Knowledge on Agile-Scrum/DevOps ways of working).
- Assisting in development of product user manuals.
- Degree preferably in Information Technology discipline or Engineering
- Experience of implementing SAP MII and MES using Software developer’s toolkit (SDK) NetWeaver (Version 7) for development. .
- Experience working in an Agile-Scrum / DevOps environment
- Previous experience in integrating SAP ME with SAP ERP using SAPMII.
- Ability to customise SAP ME in line with business requirements.
- Experience in developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
This position is graded BVa
- United Kingdom
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
- approx. 6,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes related to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
For internal use only: Your line manager will be advised if your application is successful and leads to an interview/assessment. If you have any issues with this, please raise with your HR Business Partner upon applying.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus Group Employment Operations.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.