ID Lab Virtual Reality Architect (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Virtual Reality Architect (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse, to support the Airbus ID Lab team as part of the Architecture Innovation & Plan organisation.
As ID Lab Virtual Reality Architect, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Guaranteeing the operations of ID Lab Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Virtuality (AV) capabilities,
- Defining business process for VR and AV,
- Setting up and running ID Lab VR and AV Research & Technology (R&T) plans,
- Setting up VR & AV Airbus Operative Plan,
- Defining standards for VR / AV solutions, and related technical support.
This role will involve some travels for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be the following ones:
GUARANTEEING THE OPERATIONS OF ID LAB VR AND AV CAPABILITIES:
- Analysing and challenging Airbus Departments on VR and AV sessions requirements,
- Identifying and evaluating the most appropriate technologies and facilities with respect to the IS recommendations, and organizing VR and AV sessions accordingly,
- Organizing sessions recording and results archiving, and delivering sessions results documents and media,
- Defining and implementing new VR and AV capabilities where relevant,
- Preparing VR and AV sessions reference digital mock-ups where requested,
- Completing VR and AV design sessions with detailed design of newly created components where required.
BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ID LAB PART OF VR AND AV BUSINESS PROCESSES DEFINITION:
- Analysing what capabilities current tools propose, that might contribute to the improvement of current ways of working, implementing them during business sessions, and analysing differences with former capabilities,
- Formalizing VR and AV sessions activities, thus analysing common patterns and hence proposing ways of working
- Tracing and analysing activities that haven’t been possible due to present tools status, transforming these findings into new capabilities requirements.
SETTING UP AND RUNNING OF VR AND AV R&T PLANS:
- Analysing VR and AV markets permanently, analysing international R&T trends in the same domains,
- Proposing and implementing ID Lab five-year VR and AV R&T plans,
- Proposing externally-funded projects for VR and AV, and managing these projects when proposals succeed.
SETTING UP OF VR AND AV AIRBUS OPERATIVE PLANS (AOP):
- Defining a sound roadmap for VR and AV, summarizing short-term trends coming from VR and AV sessions evolution, and longer-term trends coming from VR and AV R&T plans. This task obviously includes a strict management of solutions obsolescence aspects,
- Estimating all the costs that are related to VR and AV back-office (VR support and standardization, communication actions) and front-office (VR and AV sessions) activities,
- Summarizing roadmaps and related costs into VR and AV master plan, and deriving VR and AV AOP from this master plan, negotiating the funding of each element with funding owners.
DEFINING STANDARDS FOR VR / AV SOLUTIONS, AND RELATED TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
- Insuring platform environments design match agreed ICT standards,
- Proposing additional standards where relevant,
- Delivering technical support for all proposed design platform elements.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
● Engineering Degree or Master’s degree level in a technical field (or equivalent),
● 5 to10 years of experience in aeronautic domain with sound PLM skills,
● 3 years of experience in the industrial VR (Eg: mechanical construction)
● Experience in driving improvement & innovation
● Knowledge of the Virtual Reality domain (motion capture, stereoscopic display devices, etc.),
● Ability to challenge subjects / issues to create the best value proposition and solution for the Airbus internal business,
● Negotiation level in English,
● Advanced level in French,
● Active listening skills
● Excellent and adaptive communication with diverse audiences & skills,
● Assertiveness, with the ability to argue on his point of view,
● Learning agility, Entrepreneurship, independence of mind and innovative "out of the box thinking",
● Personal resilience to challenge status quo,
● Team player: collaborative mindset and ways of working.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.