ATR - Continued Airworthiness Engineer (m/f) (ref. ATR - 16/75-E)
Founded in 1981, ATR has become world leader on the market for regional aircraft with 90 seats or less. Since its creation, ATR has sold over 1,500 aircrafts to over 200 operators based in more than 100 countries. ATR planes have totaled over 28 million of flights. ATR is a joint partnership between two major European aeronautical players: Airbus Group and Leonardo (Finmeccanica). The ATR headquarters are located in Toulouse. ATR is ISO 14001 certified, the international benchmark for respecting the environment.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Continued Airworthiness Engineer (m/f) has arisen within ATR.
You will be in charge of keeping the adequate level of safety of ATR fleet by implementation of necessary actions.
You will be based in Toulouse.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks are the following ones:
- Collecting and analyzing all occurrences (In-service event, quality issue at production or supplier level, flight test report or engineering alert) which could affect the aircraft airworthiness or passengers safety
- Reporting occurrences with potential unsafe conditions to the Authorities (EASA, BEA)
- Coordinating with ATR departments (Engineering, Program, Quality, Procurement, Customer Services and Safety) the investigations and definition of corrective actions
- Preparing and updating the Airworthiness Review Sheets related to occurrences under his scope of work for presentation to Airworthiness Authorities during ARM (Airworthiness Review Meeting)
- Coordinating the support and respond to Operators queries concerning Airworthiness and Safety topics
- Responding to Foreign Authorities queries in regards to Continued Airworthiness matters
- Participating to meetings with Foreign Authorities on Continued Airworthiness matters
- Preparing project of Airworthiness Directives (data for PAD) for the EASA and/or Foreign Authorities
- Preparing safety related communications towards operators (AOM)
- Preparing in cooperation with relevant engineering departments safety operational information towards operators (OEB)
- Monitoring the implementation of corrective actions on in-service fleet
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to an Engineering degree specializing in Engineering
- Proven experience in Engineering and/or Airworthiness
- Overall knowledge of Aircraft systems and operations, (ATR would be a plus)
- Experience of occurrence safety assessment
- Knowledge of applicable regulations (Part 21, CS25 and EU-OPS)
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to manage transverse projects
- Negotiation skills with the Airworthiness Authorities
- Team spirit
- English: Advanced Level
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application online.
By submitting your CV or application, you are consenting to ATR and Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by ATR and Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.