Airbus’ Cabin BFE Supplier Support Rating recognises suppliers for best in-service performance
At the 2015 Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg, Airbus presented awards in recognition of those cabin Buyer-Furnished-Equipment (BFE) suppliers who achieved excellent level of customer satisfaction in 2014.
The suppliers were identified through the Airbus Supplier Support Rating process which captured in-service feedback from over 118 Airbus Customers representing 77% of the operators worldwide, operating over 90 percent of the Airbus fleet and covering all Programmes. Sixty-one suppliers were measured in this 2014 rating. Improvement plans will be put in place where necessary in 2015 to target the BFE suppliers’ performance gaps and ensure that all suppliers will bring the right level of support to our operators.
Genevieve Laurens-Chassagne, Airbus’ Head of Supplier Support Management, Customer Services presented the awards to the suppliers as follows:
- Rockwell Collins Cabin Systems, Stélia Cabin Seats and Bucher respectively ranked 1st and 2nd, and 3rd. All are awarded for excellent customer support performance as the Top 3 achievers;
- Stélia Cabin Seats (Former Sogerma) for excellent customer support performance as the best in class seat supplier;
- Rockwell Collins Cabin Systems for excellent customer support performance as the best in class In-Flight Entertainment supplier;
- Bucher for excellent customer support performance as the best in class galley & monument supplier;
- Diehl Service Modules for the most improved BFE customer support performance in 2014.
The major cabin BFE suppliers on Airbus aircraft are rated against three criteria:
(a) The ability to provide continuously reliable equipment and the associated technical support; (b) Effectiveness of operational support services, benchmarked against the industry-leading Airbus supplier support standards; and (c) Customer feedback concerning cost of ownership.
The Cabin BFE supplier support ranking is also published as part of the Airbus BFE Product Catalogue to guide Airbus customers during the equipment selection process.
The next rating cycle will be launched during the fourth quarter of 2015.
For more information please contact:
|+33 617 720 581|
|+49 151 4615 0714|